Ibanez AM Artstar Electric Guitar with Case in Brown Sunburst AM2000HBS
The AM was released by Ibanez for the first time in the early '80s. Though smaller in size than other semi-hollow bodies, this guitar provides warm, punchy tone and abundant sustain. It offers the added benefit being compact enough that players more accustomed to a solid body electric will feel right at home on this popular Artcore model.
The parallel histories of Jazz music and the hollow-body electric guitar are inextricably linked and manifest in the professional-grade Artstar series. The influences of these legendary instruments are immediately apparent with a bone nut, ebony fretboard, and Ibanez's signature Super 58 custom pickups. The critical eye will appreciate the attention to detail poured into these instruments like the smoothness of the fretboard and the skill applied to the fretwork, generally found on instruments costing twice as much. The Artstar embodies the pure jazz-box and the continual evolution the genre represents.
• 3pc African Mahogany/S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck - The S-TECH special roasted treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. The neck is sealed with an oil finish which helps make it feel similar to a well-played guitar neck.
• Ebony fretboard produces tight lows and mid range with a strong attack in the high end and features a quick response and rich sustain.
• Medium frets with Prestige fret edge treatment - Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes. Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
• Figured Anigre top / Figured Anigre back and sides features a beautiful wood grain which produces a rich mid-range and smooth attack in the high end.
• Super 58 pickups feature moderate output and vintage tone.
• Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
• Gotoh® 510BN bridge is equipped with independent saddles that allow precise height adjustment for each string.
• AM-H Special tailpiece provides great tuning stability.
• Hardshell case gives you extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
• AM Artstar 3pc African Mahogany/S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple set-in neck
• 22 frets
• Figured Anigre top/back/sides
• Bound Ebony fretboard w/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
• Medium frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
• Bone nut
• Max body thickness: 2 5/8"/Width at lower bout: 13 3/4"
• Super 58 (H) neck pickup
• Super 58 (H) bridge pickup
• Gotoh® 510BN bridge
• AM-H Special tailpiece
• Gold hardware
• Hardshell case included