The Ibanez AF55 Artcore hollowbody electric guitar delivers a quality instrument in a stripped-down, aggressive-looking package.
The full-hollow maple body of the AF55 offers you a large, round tone with plenty of woody warmth that's well-suited for jazz, blues, older country styles, and rock. The flat finish and lack of extra ornamentation give the guitar a no-nonsense look that will be right at home onstage with a loud rock band. Ibanez's Artcore series delivers great quality instruments, such as this AF55, at an attainable price.
Ibanez AF55 Artcore Hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Identifiable and versatile hollowbody tone
- Straightforward aesthetics
- Part of Ibanez's popular Artcore series
Identifiable and versatile hollowbody tone
The sapele top, back, and sides brings out clarity and note definition in an otherwise warm sounding design. The deep body ensures you'll hear plenty of woody resonance. Working in conjunction with the wood and design, the uncovered Ibanez Infinity humbucking pickups have enough output to perform well in many genres, but are subtle enough to bring out the clarity and nuance of your playing.
The first thing you'll notice when seeing the AF55 is the no-nonsense appeal of its design. Guitarists agree that the flat finish begs for the instrument to be played hard, but it also has a quiet elegance. The uncovered Infinity pickups continue the aggressive aura of the instrument and allow for more attack to come through when you play. Dot inlays on the fretboard, minimal chrome hardware, and single-ply binding round out the aesthetics.
Part of Ibanez's popular Artcore series
Introduced in 2002, Ibanez's Artcore series has shown that quality hollowbody guitars are within reach of the majority of guitarists. Their workmanship, tone, and affordability have put them in the hands of players and artists in just about every genre of music. The AF55 carries on this tradition by offering a hollowbody that reaches across genre lines to deliver a guitar that will appeal to your eyes, fingers, and ears, no matter what style of music you play.
Ibanez AF55 Artcore Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Hollowbody guitar with a rock 'n' roll look
- Straightforward aesthetics look great on any stage
- Uncovered Infinity pickups deliver warm but clear tone
- Minimal hardware keeps clean lines uninterrupted
- Single-ply binding adds an air of elegance
- Body Type: Hollowbody
- Body Shape: AF Artcore
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Sapele
- Top Material: Sapele
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Color: Transparent Black Flat
- Neck Material: Nyatoh, set neck
- Neck Shape: AF Artcore
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel, Bound
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 20, Medium
- Scale Length: 24.7"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ART-ST Bridge with VT06 Tailpiece
- Tuners: Ibanez
- Neck Pickup: Infinity R Ceramic Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Infinity R Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: .010-.052
A great hollowbody dressed up for rock 'n' roll.