The Ibanez AM200 Artstar's narrowed, all-mahogany body and Super 58 pickups make it a sleek axe ready to handle gritty blues or full-on rock.
Those who’ve followed Ibanez jazz guitars through the decades may see Artstar Prestige as the completion of a circle. The guitar maker for numerous names on Downbeat’s Readers’ polls—master players like George Benson and Pat Metheny are a testament to the preeminence of made-in-Japan Ibanez jazz guitars. Artcore, Expressionist, and Artstar offer up-and-comers inspiring instruments that won’t break the bank. Now, Artstar Prestige offers custom-built, made-in-Japan quality for the serious professional
The Mahogany top, back and sides deliver rich, full-bodied warm tone. The bound Ebony fretboard sports medium frets and Mother of Pearl block inlays. The luthier’s skill becomes immediately apparent upon playing your first chord progression on its bound Ebony fretboard, inlaid with Pearl/ Abalone blocks. Medium frets with meticulously hand-filed edges are buttery smooth to your chording hand, promising hours of inspired playing.
The set-in neck is immaculately joined to the body, and its Gotoh 510BN bridge is the perfect blend of traditional style and technological integrity. At the headstock end of the fingerboard is a clean, perfectly set bone nut. Rounding out this stunningly crafted piece is the famous Ibanez Super 58 pickup, known for its balanced tone character and sonic fullness, whether restrained to “jazz-clean” or cranked up to “gritty rockin’ blues.” Hardshell case is included.
- Ebony Fretboard w/Artstar Fret Edge Treatment
- Ebony produces a tight low and mid range with an iconic attack on the high end. It also features a quick response and rich sustain.
Gotoh® Machine heads
- Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
Sure Grip III Control Knobs
- The Sure Grip III knobs are designed for precise control with nonslip functionality, along with smooth and classic looks.
- The Bone nut provides richer tone from low to high.
Super 58 Pickups
- The Super 58 pickups deliver the smooth, nuanced tones and the biting growl of blues.
- Neck type: Artstar AM/African Mahogany/Set-in neck
- Top/back/side: African Mahogany top/African Mahogany bac/African Mahogany sides
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony/Mother of Pearl block inlay
- Fret: Medium frets/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bridge: Gotoh® 510BN bridge
- Tailpiece: Gotoh® GE101A tailpiece
- Neck pickup: Super 58 (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- Bridge pickup: Super 58 (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- Factory tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- String gauge: .013/.016/.022/.032/.042/.052
- Nut: Bone nut
- Hardware color: Gold
- Country of Origin: Japan
Hardshell case is included.