Ibanez RGD Standard 7 String Electric Guitar in Deep Seafloor Fade Flat RGD7521PBDSF
The RGD is Ibanez's ultimate metal machine. The demands of down-tuning require a specifically designed responsiveness not found in "normal" guitars. To optimize for the rich, desirable thickness of tone that down-tuning produces, Ibanez extended the neck by one inch to a 26.5" scale. Longer-than standard yet not overly long. The neck is still considered a "fast" neck for speed soloing. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the necks highest notes.
• Wizard II Roasted Maple neck - Heat-treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes.
• Jatoba fretboard - Jatoba has a reddish brown color and produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
• Jumbo frets - Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
• Poplar Burl top / Nyatoh body - The Poplar Burl top features an exotic wood grain and the Nyatoh body provides a rich mid-low end.
• DiMarzio PAF 7 pickups - The DiMarzio PAF7 pickups produce a sound that's both clean and open on the low notes and warm and rounded on the highs.
• Gibraltar Standard II bridge - The Gibraltar Standard II is a simple fixed bridge designed provide optimal transfer of each string's vibration and its smooth surface maximizes playing comfort.
• Coil-tap switch - The coil tap switch adds sound and tonal variations for both pickups.
• 26.5 inch scale - Its extra long 26.5" scale and ability to accurately intonate heavier string gauges, make it the perfect beast for down-tuned metal.
Roasted Maple neck
Nyatoh body with Poplar Burl top
DiMarzio PAF7 (H)
DiMarzio PAF7 (H)
Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge