The AS is a semi-acoustic guitar built to tackle just about any genre of music you throw at it. The pickups are mounted directly to the center block for increased sustain and feedback elimination.
The parallel histories of Jazz music and the hollow-body electric guitar are inextricably linked and manifest in the professional-grade Artstar series. The influences of these legendary instruments are immediately apparent with a bone nut, ebony fretboard, and Ibanez's signature Super 58 custom pickups. The critical eye will appreciate the attention to detail poured into these instruments like the smoothness of the fretboard and the skill applied to the fretwork, generally found on instruments costing twice as much. The Artstar embodies the pure jazz-box and the continual evolution the genre represents.
• 3pc African Mahogany/S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck - The S-TECH special roasted treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. The neck is sealed with an oil finish which helps make it feel similar to a well-played guitar neck.
• Ebony fretboard produces tight lows and mid range with a strong attack in the high end and features a quick response and rich sustain.
• Medium frets with Prestige fret edge treatment - Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes. Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
• Figured Anigre top / Figured Anigre back and sides feature a beautiful wood grain which produces a rich mid-range and smooth attack in the high end.
• Super 58 pickups feature moderate output and vintage tone.
• Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
• Gotoh® 510BN bridge is equipped with independent saddles that allow precise height adjustment for each string.
• The stable Gotoh® GE101A tailpiece holds your strings in tune.
• Tri-sound switch gives a humbucker pickup three different sounds, expanding the versatility of your guitar.
• Hardshell case included.
• Scale: 24.7"
• AS Artstar 3pc African Mahogany/S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple set-in neck
• 22 frets
• Figured Anigre top/back/sides
• Bound Ebony fretboard w/Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
• Medium frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
• Bone nut
• Max body thickness: 2 5/8"/Width at lower bout: 15 3/4"
• Super 58 (H) neck pickup
• Super 58 (H) bridge pickup
• Tri-sound switch
• Gotoh® 510BN bridge
• Gotoh® GE101A tailpiece
• Gold hardware
• Hardshell case included
Subscribe for the latest specials & events from The Guitar World.
© 2022 The Guitar World.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Some of the items sold online may not be available in-store so please call ahead for availability. If you don't see a product you are looking for online please call us we may stock it.