EVH 5150 SERIES DELUXE POPLAR BURL, EBONY FINGERBOARD, BLACK BURST 5108002557
Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150® Series Deluxe is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Deluxe Poplar Burl features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and color matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 Deluxe is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking neck pickup serves up no nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A stylized modern spin on a fan favorite, the 5150 Deluxe is sure to stun with a unique poplar burl top that is wrapped in Aqua Burst or Black Burst and finished off with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
• 25.5” scale length • Modified Strat®-style basswood body with deeper upper body curve
• Poplar burl top
• Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
• Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with hand rubbed satin urethane back finish
• 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
• Convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
• Direct mount EVH® Wolfgang® bridge and neck humbucking pickups
• Top-mount EVH-branded Floyd Rose® bridge and R3 locking nut
• EVH D-Tuna®
• Three-way toggle switch, kill switch, volume control (500K EVH Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with treble bleed circuit and tone control (250K EVH Bourns® High Friction Pot)
• Available in Aqua Burst or Black Burst with color matched hockey stick headstock and all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines