This hand-customized EVH 5150III® 100S head is identical to the setup Eddie Van Halen most recently toured with, featuring his exact same custom modifications.
Not just dressed in a seductively dark finish, this 100-watt Stealth head roars with its own unique voice — tweaked with added features specifically to meet Eddie Van Halen’s touring requirements. Channel one soars with pristine and sparkling cleans; channel two features increased gain for greater sustain and is re-voiced for improved low-mid frequency definition; channel three also features increased gain and improved range for the “low” control. Each channel has its own versatile controls (volume, gain, presence, low, mid, high), as well as a rear-panel resonance control knob that dials in fine-tuned low-end response.
The amp also has eight JJ ECC83 preamp tubes, four Shuguang 6L6 power tubes, switchable output impedance (4, 8 and 16 ohms), adjustable bias control, vintage-style “chicken head” control knobs, red jewel, dual speaker jacks, effects loop, direct out and molded plastic handle.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Output Impedance: Switchable (4, 8, 16 ohms)
- Power Output: 100 watts RMS
- Inputs: One 1/4"
- Speaker Jacks: Two
- Line Out: FX Loop, Direct Out
- Preamp Tubes: JJ ECC83 (8)
- Power Tubes: Wing C 6L6 (4)
- Channels: Three (Clean, Crunch, Lead)
- Control Knobs: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Presence, Resonance
- Handle: Amplifier: Molded Plastic Handle
- Knobs: Vintage-Style "Chicken-Head" Knobs
- Amp Jewel: Red
- Footswitch: 4-Button (CH1, CH2, CH3, FX Loop)
- Features Summary: Adjustable bias control, dual speaker jacks on amp rear panel, resonance control for each channel on amp rear panel, increased gain on channel two for more sustain, re-voiced channel two for improved low-mid frequency definition, increased gain on channel three for greater sustain, improved range of "low" control for channel three, special Stealth aesthetic
- Length:11.5" (29.3 cm)
- Width:29.75" (75.6 cm)
- Height:10.25" (260 mm)
- Weight:55 lbs. (24.94 kg)