With new developments in instrument technology, the prominence of more technical playing styles, and players’ desire for lighter, more portable instruments, Ibanez developed a headless guitar which pushes far beyond designs of the past. The Q or "Quest" series is an entirely new concept for Ibanez, featuring a number of unique elements intended to maximize tone, performance, and playing comfort.
- Nyatoh body wood provides a rich mid-low end, and features a number of strategically placed curves on both the top and back of the instrument, providing maximum playing comfort
- Wizard C neck has a very neutral shape, not too thick, too thin, or too flat, and the Roasted Maple and Bubinga construction offers great stability and long-term durability
- Beautiful Birdseye Maple fretboard imbues this model with an exotic appearance
- Jescar EVO gold frets are known for their bright tone, gorgeous appearance, and excellent features such as long-lasting durability and smooth note bending
- Q58 pickups are designed specifically for use in headless guitars, providing a clearly defined sound and facilitating excellent tonal balance through all frequencies