Ibanez RGD Axion Label Electric Guitar in Midnight Tropical Rainforest RGD61ALAMTR
The RGD is Ibanez's ultimate metal machine. The demands of down-tuning require a specifically designed responsiveness not found in "normal" guitars. To optimize for the rich, desirable thickness of tone that down-tuning produces, Ibanez extended the neck by one inch to a 26.5" scale. Longer-than standard yet not overly long. The neck is still considered a "fast" neck for speed soloing. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the necks highest notes.
The Axion Label series takes the established elements of modern electric guitar design and push them to new, lesser-explored territory. Similar to how the Bass Workshop series delivers the cutting-edge of bass, Axion Label dives into elements like multi-scale design, ultra-modern pickups from Fishman, Bare Knuckle, and DiMarzio, as well as hardware innovations like the Evertune bridge. These elements are just the tip of the iceberg for this ultra-modern series, and only the beginning of its ultimate potential.
• Nitro Wizard 5pc Panga Panga/Walnut neck - The Super-thin and ultra-playable Nitro Wizard 5-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck substantially increases sustain.
• Macassar Ebony fretboard - Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
• Jumbo Sub Zero treated frets - Sub Zero treated frets can stand up against the hardest riffing and string-bending.
• Ash body - The Ash body wood imbues this bass guitar with an exotic appearance and delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
• Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker Alnico / Fluence Modern Humbucker Ceramic pickups - The Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker pickups provide an aggressive tone and a powerful attack without excess noise.
• Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads - The Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
• Mono-rail bridge - Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez Mono-Rail bridge minimizes cross-talk between strings
• Fishman Fluence Voicing switch on volume control (push/pull) - The Voicing switch allows the pickups to switch from a modern, active high output sound to a crisp, clean and fluid sound.
• Coil-tap switch - The coil tap switch adds sound and tonal variations for both pickups.
• Schaller S-Locks strap lock pins - Indestructible Schaller S-Locks don't fail, even under the toughest conditions on stage.
• 26.5 inch scale - Its extra long 26.5" scale and ability to accurately intonate heavier string gauges, make it the perfect beast for down-tuned metal.
5pc Panga Panga/Walnut neck
Macassar Ebony fretboard
Jumbo Sub Zero treated fret
Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker (H)
Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker Ceramic (H)
Fishman Fluence Voicing switch on volume control (push/pull), Coil-tap switch
Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads